8/02/2012

So...summer happened.

So...I blinked. And then it was August.

So many things have been going on this summer that I haven't even thought about taking a moment to write a post. I'm so bad at this blogger thing. 

But don't fret, my friends! Soon I will be back at it and have glorious things to post about! 

But in case you've missed me..here is what I have been up to this last month. 


  1. End-o-June: I went on a family vacation with the BF, his brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and the pups. It was wonderful! I had such an amazing time with them and am so thankful to have a family in New England since I can't be with my family back home in Indiana as often as I'd like. 
  2. Bachelorette Extravaganza #1: FINALLY I was reunited with my college loves!! My bestie from college is getting married in September and our friend, Pooja, throw the ultimate Bachelorette weekend for us in Chicago. The theme "LBD" while the Bride wore white, and it was fabulous! Family style dinner, followed by drinks and catching up, then brunch on saturday, and trolly around the city Saturday night, and a tearful goodbye on Sunday morning. You never know how much you miss/need your girlfriends until you have to say goodbye. But it will be Hello again in September and I can't wait!
  3. Bachelorette/Shower Extravaganza #2: Not only is my bestie from college getting married, but my BEST BEST friend from childhood is ALSO getting married in September, and I am her Maid-of-I-Couldn't-Be-More-Honored! I threw her a Bridal Brunch (which my great friend, Katie, was kind enough to catch on camera) and I could not have been happier with the results! Complete with mini-pancakes, mini quiche, and mimosas. What more could you want? Cupcakes?! Oh yeah...we had those too, as parting favors! I was just so pleased. From their we packed up and headed down to Louisville, KY for a fun filled night on 4th Street. If you haven't been to 4th Street, you're missing out. We had such an awesome time...and a few of us rode the mechanical bull....in dresses....not the classiest thing we've ever done, but we got a free round of drinks out of it! So chalk that up for a bachelorette success! 
  4. New Beginnings:  A lot has been changing for me in the past month...a lot of great things...stressful things...exciting things! Things that I think will really launch me into a better place in my career, and my life (and my life with the BF). I can't wait to share more...but I will wait...for now. Stay tuned for the latest! It's coming....I promise.

**have fun**   **drink responsibly**   **look stylish**

Hint for whats to come
"Take Pride in Your Beer"

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marcie! It's Susanah Baker...great to see you a few weekends ago at the wedding...sounds like you're doing well! I hope your not calling it quits on this blog ( but I totally understand how much work it takes)...but I nominated you for a blog award! See my blog for more details on it :http://www.thatorganicgirl.com/2012/10/liebster-award-nomination.html

    Not sure if a winner is ever announced but it helps get more followers :) Take Care!

    ReplyDelete