6/01/2012

Fail.

Once again I have failed on my attempt to capture memories via photos.
And I had a great Memorial weekend full of fun to share with you guys!
Fail.

And now it is Friday, and it's time for another fun filled weekend, and I've neglected to post anything all week. 
Double Fail. 

Sorry about that. 

Memorial Day weekend was perfect....well aside from me over overindulging on {vodka tonics}on Sunday night...triple fail. The weather was beautiful. Highs in the mid to upper 80's and the hot sun against the cool breezes from the lake...*sigh*...perfection.

We drove up to Lake Winni Friday evening after work looking forward to a fun trip, but no one had more fun than our precious pup. He loves short car rides, but long rides are his favorite. There is nothing like sticking your head out the window and smelling the sweet exhaust from all of the passing cars on the highway. 



Saturday we spent the morning on the Lake and braved the cold waters as we reached one of the many sandbars. It was nice and relaxing and just enough "lake time" before we had to head out to the boyfriend's cousin's graduation party. This is where I really failed at taking pictures. 

The boyfriend and I looked very nautical with his striped seersucker shorts and boat shoes, and my white and navy chevron maxi skirt. Our afternoon (and into the evening) was spent on his Aunt and Uncle's large deck overlooking NH mountains while a fully stocked bar and homemade margaritas were at our discretion. But what was even better than the margaritas was the full wine tasting right there on the patio. If you live in Kansas, make sure you check out Prairie Fire Winery. Currently they only sell locally in Kansas, but the wines are delicious! It's a family owned business right in the heart of Kansas (and they use some Indiana grapes which I'm a huge fan of). As we sipped the night away there were smiles, and laughs, and poking fun at one of the girls who had gotten a little too friendly with the tequila. All the things I love. 

The rest of the weekend was spent on the lake, enjoying the boat, and using plenty of sunscreen. Here are a couple of pictures that I was able to capture from the weekend. 


Instragram was able to show me what I would look like with lighter hair...hmm..maybe for the summer?


Uncle and Nephew.


I will try not to neglect you all again this weekend and week. And I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and have big plans for this weekend as well. 


**have fun**  **drink responsibly**  **look stylish**



1 comment:

  1. Good thing there's always next {ahem..this} weekend for taking pics! :)

    ReplyDelete